Join Grupo El Ciruelo and learn how to make a delightful grape jam with just one pan and three ingredients. A very simple but delicious recipe perfect for spending some time with family or friends in the kitchen. Many people like the fact that this recipe does not need any kind of food processor and the fact that you can use it in both sweet and savoury recipes, adding an exotic flavour contrast to a cheese platter or a white meat.
For about 500 grams to make grape jam, please use the following ingredients:
- 600 grams of El Ciruelo’s black seedless SABLE grapes.
- 400 grams white sugar.
- Fresh juice of a ripe lemon
These ingredients should give us about 25 portions weighing 20 grams, which would be about what we need to cover a toast with jam, or a large spoonful alongside a cheese platter and a glass of wine.
Steps in making grape jam:
- Check you have all the ingredients and prepare them. If you have EL Ciruelo seedless grapes, all you just need to do is wash the grapes; you don’t have to remove the seeds.
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook over low heat, while stirring continuously so that the mixture does not stick. We recommend that you look for a non-stick or wrought iron pan, that will make this step easier.
- Let the grapes cook at low heat for about 20 minutes, using a wooden or rubber spatula to stir and break up the grapes due to the heat. During this step, the water is reduced and a creamy consistency is achieved.
- At the end, when it is to your liking, remove it from the heat, let it cool and enjoy it. If you want to make it a little thicker, you just need to remove it before.
Here’s our tip: If you want to know if the jam is at its ideal thickness, remove a spoonful from the saucepan onto a light-coloured plate, split the jam on the plate with your finger, and if both parts don’t come back together within 5 seconds or more, then you will have an ideal consistency according to this recipe.
At Grupo El Ciruelo we encourage you to experiment, share and enjoy cooking with quality, natural products that provide you with all the nutrients and energy you need for an active and healthy life.
Don’t forget to follow us on our social networks @elciruelofruits and @Doceuva_br and show us how tasty this super recipe looks!